Social and Behavioral Sciences in Action – September 24, 2012, 2:00pm-5:30pm EST
SAGE is delighted to announce that we will be sponsoring the Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education (DBASSE) of the National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences’ first annual symposium, Social and Behavioral Sciences in Action.
You (and all of your friends) are cordially invited to a free webcast of the symposium, which will be broadcast live on the day of the event.
This symposium will feature perspectives from experts who are not primarily behavioral and social scientists on the contributions of the social and behavioral sciences to the diverse areas of national security, medicine, and engineering, with commentary by Ralph J. Cicerone, President of the National Academy of Sciences and Chair of the National Research Council, Harvey V. Fineberg, President of the Institute of Medicine, and Charles M. Vest, President of the National Academy of Engineering.
Other speakers include:
- Kenneth Prewitt, Carnegie Professor of Public Affairs, Columbia University, and Chair, DBASSE Advisory Committee
- Rita R. Colwell, Distinguished Professor, John Hopkins University and University of Maryland, College Park
- Mary Cummings, Associate Professor of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Robert A. Fein, Secret Service, retired; Department of Psychiatry, Harvard University
- Lucian L. Leape, Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health
- John D. Lee, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
A video recording of the symposium will also be available after the event has taken place. For more information, or to sign up for the free live webinar, please visit: http://sites.nationalacademies.org/DBASSE/SBS_in_Action/index.htm.